Sunday 15 April 2012

H is for...

HIDE AND SEEK!

This is a typical game of Hide and Seek with Yaya:

Yaya: "Auwa, can we play hide and seek?"
Me: "Oo yes, I love hide and seek. Ok, I'll count, you hide."
Yaya: "Ok. Ermm.... count to... erm... count to four!"
Me: "Ok! I've got my eyes closed! One!..."
(The sound of running feet going off into the distance)
Me: "Two! Three!..."
(The sound of running feet getting closer)
Yaya: "I'm in the playroom, Auwa."
Me: "Ok. Erm. Alright then."
(Running feet off into the distance again)
Me: "Four! Coming! Ready or not!"
Yaya, shouting: "Count to seven now, Auwa!"
Me: "Ok. Five! Six! Seven! Coming! Ready or not!"

I walk slowly around the front room, exclaiming loudly, pretending to wonder where he is.

Yaya, from the playroom: "I'm in here!"

Me, walking slowly into the playroom: "Oo, where's Yaya? Hmm. I wonder where he can be? Is he in the playroom? Let me see... Is he under the table? No! Behind the door? No!"
Yaya, poking his head out from behind the curtain: "I'm here, Auwa. Find me."
Me: "O right, ok. Oo, I wonder if Yaya is behind the curtains. Yeh! Look! There you are! I found you!"
Yaya, shouting with excitement: "You found me Auwa! You found me! Let's play again."

I'm not sure he's quite got the gist of this game figured out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment